It was fun to revisit Mono-Printing, as it’s something I’ve had lots of experience with but it’s hard to do at home. As I’m not yet sure which style my illustrations are going to take, I made simple recurring leaf shapes as stencils and for drawing into the ink with. I also used the word ‘Durrell’ to play around with lettering, as the Jersey conservation park will be the catalyst to starting my research.
Annoyingly I forgot the basic rule to reverse the writing before printing, but luckily it’s easy to flip the print image on the computer.
Then we tried out a new method of printing for me which was marbled ink in water. I used cut out stencils of leaf shapes to remove colour where I wanted it which worked quite well.
My favourite thing about this method of printing is the unique quality to each print as each is a one-of-a-kind image.